Juventus have agreed a deal with Tottenham for Guglielmo Vicario to join on an initial loan after the Italian side decided against a move for Aston Villa’s Emiliano Martínez.
Vicario is set to leave Spurs having lost his place as Roberto De Zerbi’s No 1 to Antonin Kinsky, with the agreement with Juventus containing an option to make the Italy goalkeeper’s move permanent next year for £8.6m. Martínez had been linked with the Turin club after Villa agreed a deal to sign Parma’s Zion Suzuki for around £30m but Juventus saw a €10m offer rejected over the weekend and decided to switch their attention elsewhere. The Argentina goalkeeper is currently sidelined due to a finger injury.
Vicario moved to north London in 2023 for £17.2m and has made almost 120 appearances since then. With De Zerbi having also brought in Martin Dubravka on a free transfer as cover for Kinsky, the 29-year-old will become the latest player to leave Spurs this summer after Cristian Romero, Djed Spence, Will Lankshear and Yves Bissouma. Pape Matar Sarr is also wanted by Everton and Nottingham Forest. The Senegal midfielder is valued at £30m.
Spurs have already spent more than £200m on six new players in this transfer window and are keen on signing Savinho from Manchester City. The Brazil forward was not part of Enzo Maresca’s squad for the Community Shield defeat to Arsenal in Cardiff and is thought to be open to the move. Spurs have also been heavily linked with a move for Liverpool’s Cody Gakpo as De Zerbi seeks to strengthen his attack.
Coventry have signed the striker Taiwo Awoniyi from Nottingham Forest for £9m.
The 29-year-old scored 23 times in 103 appearances across all competitions for Forest after joining in 2022. But the Nigeria international was limited to just three starts in the league last season and will be looking for more game time at the Coventry Building Society Arena.
“I am very excited about this season, and I can’t wait to get started,” he said.
“I’m really looking forward to working with my new teammates. I have seen how amazing they have been last season, coming up from the Championship. They were incredible.”
Ipswich have raided Gary O’Neil’s old club Strasbourg for Abdoul Ouattara and Julio Enciso before Saturday’s Premier League opener at home to Sunderland.
Ex-Brighton attacker Enciso enjoyed a productive six-month loan at Portman Road during the club’s last season in the top flight and has signed a five-year deal with the Suffolk club. “I really enjoyed my time on loan at the club and I was so happy to see them win promotion back to the Premier League last season,” Enciso told the official club website.
after newsletter promotion
“I worked with the manager in France last season and the chance to play for him again at a great club like Ipswich is one I’m very excited for.”
Côte d’Ivoire youngster Ouattara has also linked up with his old coach O’Neil at Ipswich and put pen to paper on a contract until 2031.
.png)
17 hours ago
6
















































